Fort Queenscliff dates from 1860 when an open battery was constructed on Shortland’s Bluff to defend the entrance to Port Phillip Bay. The Fort which underwent major redevelopment in the late 1870’s became the headquarters for an extensive chain of forts around Port Phillip Heads. Today, it is one of the largest and best preserved forts in the country.
Enjoy this rare opportunity to tour a 19th century Coastal Artillery Fort. Morning and afternoon tea facilities are available weekdays for groups (call for prices). Photo ID is now required for entry.
Winner ‘Certificate of Excellence 2016’ Trip Advisor
Please check website for opening times over autumn and winter.
www.fortqueenscliff.com.au • King St Queenscliff